Published on March 18th, 2015 | by Marion BOUVET | Credit: Cravings For Food0
Halal Macaroons, a Recipe by Chef Sofiane.
To make the Macaroon shells:
• 220g of egg whites
• 300g almonds powder
• 300g of icing sugar
• 300g caster sugar
• 75g of water
How to prepare:
1) Preheat the oven at 140 degrees.
2) In one bowl, mix half of the egg whites with the icing sugar and the almond powder.
3) Put the rest of the egg whites in the mixer at speed 1 and whisk the egg whites to form stiff peaks.
4) Heat up the caster sugar with the water in a pot. When the temperature reaches 120 degrees, gently pour the liquid sugar on the stiff peaks, while still mixing in the mixer until the mixture has cool down.
5) Then mix the first batter with the second batter delicately with a spatula until you have a nice smooth batter.
6) Put the batter in a piping bag, and star piping. (The choice of the size and shape is yours.)
7) Put it in the oven for 20 minutes.
How to make the Macaroon filling:
• 40g of egg
• 800g of caster sugar
• 120g of butter
How to prepare:
1) Heat up the caster sugar with the water in a pot and check regularly the temperature.
2) When the temperature of the sugar reaches 114 degrees, start mixing in the mixer the eggs.
3) Then, when the temperature of the sugar reaches 121 degree, pour the liquid sugar on the eggs while leaving the mixer on.
4) When the mixture is warm, add half of butter. When the batter has completely cool down, add the remaining butter.
5) Flavour your batter as you wish.
6) Once you have finished, take two macaroon shells of the same size, and take a spoon of your filling to glue the two shells together.
And voilà, your macaroons are ready to be served!
Many thanks to Chef Sofiane from Ecole de cuisine Halal for having shared with use this great recipe. If you want to learn more about their activities, check our article or visit: ecolecuisine-halal.com